Just like you, our beautiful jewellery does need to be looked after. We have created this list of tips for you on how to care for your jewellery, so it will look as lovely as the day you received it.
Skin and hair products can react with jewellery causing it to tarnish, discolour and possibly corrode. We strongly advise applying any cosmetics and scents before you put on your jewellery.
- Remove any jewellery before engaging in any form of physical exercise. Be it at the gym, gardening or cleaning, as this will ensure our delicate jewellery is not accidentally damaged. Perspiration can also contribute to the tarnishing of your jewellery.
- Chemicals found in swimming pools and natural springs will cause extreme tarnishing. Water will also contribute to tarnishing of your jewellery. Therefore always remove your jewellery before entering a pool, shower, spring or the sea.
- We recommend storing your jewellery in a zip lock bag as exposure to the air and environment can cause your jewellery to tarnish over time. Zip lock bags are a cheap way to keep your jewellery looking newer for longer. Acid free tissue is also an excellent way to store your jewellery.
- Store your jewellery separately, so that they don’t tangle or rub and scratch against each other. We do not recommend sleeping in your jewellery.
- Do not store jewellery next to heating vents, windowsills or in the bathroom. Damp and hot condition will cause the jewellery to tarnish badly.
- To brighten up your silver pieces we recommend using a silver cloth.
- Take extra care when cleaning jewellery with gemstones and pearls and if unsure, do ask your local jeweller or contact us for further assistance.
If you have any further questions or queries relating to the care of your jewellery, you can contact us.